Number of Staff: 4 Teachers
Activities of the Department
- As the mission & vision of Loyola High School remains, the department also functions to obtain that.
- Teaching and instructing student remains a focus, our department (Civics & General studies) reach out to every student in the school since it is a compulsory subject for all.
- Socio-economic, cultural and political socialization is a basis for the subject.
- The department takes a large part in student leadership selection, starting from collecting application form, campaigns, election and announcing of the result.
- In short we are the head of Election commission in the school. Our aim in taking a fully responsibility is to put into action what we teach students on election.
- Also the department participate on various activities usually takes place within and outside the school. For example Dr.Lwaitama .A (P.H.D) was once invited to talk with arts students and science studies on the essence and legacy of Tanzania socialism.
- A number of meetings has been done on subject (Panel Teachers Associations) mostly done at Mugabe Sec School.
- Invitation from different association (organization) have been held where teachers from the department have attended mostly. For example Tanzania Media Fund "daladala" "Gender Equality"
- Held at Mlimani city conference centre. "Corruption" Corruption in Education Institution in general held at NIT. "Commemoration of Mandela 's Legacy" held at Karimjee Hall.